2024 June: Hong Kong - a cultural journey

It was unplanned. 

What was planned did not take off. A lesson learnt. 
From another perspective, it could be a blessing in disguise. Did not anticipate that the physical state may not be able to cope with the degree of rigour that I had planned (at least, preliminary). 

Thought would be grounded. 
However, something caught my attention at the variety-documentary show. 
A Path to Glory - Jin Yong's Centennial Memorial" (俠之大者–金庸百年誕辰紀念).
Travel back to my school days. 

I don't count myself being a 金庸 fan or 武侠小说迷.
Nevertheless, I grew up in the times when there were numerous dramas storylined along the martial arts novels by Louis Cha Leung-yung 查良鏞 (who's more well known as 金庸). 

I read a couple of the novels after watching the dramas, not all. 
It was craze during that period.

The exhibition had given me a reason to travel - just to Hong Kong, a place that I'm most familiar with. 
A place that I would only associate with food and some really touristy places. 
I've never associated it with more substance. 

This would be a different trip, I hope. 
A quick research in the internet proved quite easy to plan for a 'cultural' trip - though I still reserve a day for Disneyland - hopefully, this time not so crowded. 



No comments:

One day, somebody asked, "You travelled so often. What are the airlines that you've tried." I've never counted until today...